Friday, September 20, 2013

London Fashion Week September 2013



London Fashion Week soon came around and soon disappeared! Over the past four days some of the collections which I managed to catch up on for SS14 are so overwhelming. I managed to catch a glimpse of some of the 'upcoming' models and faces of LFW for 2013, such as, Chey Carty, Rebecca Horn, Rosie Tapner (I've seen a lot more of this season) and Sanna Backstrom, to name a few. Topshop Unique SS14 I think won me over completely this season, it had some of the best models in the show and the clothes were so lovely. The beach babe, 'glamourous, tanned' look, with the crisp white shirt which, I couldn't take my eyes off. Jourdan Dunn strutting down the catwalk in a floor-length purple maxi dress, a lot of the collection focused on moody blue's, green and grey's, then switching to warm peach and crisp white. The make-up I have seen this season on MAC's instagram has completely wowed me! The use of BB and CC creams were very popular backstage, adding more attention to Spring/Summer's growing glitter trend. This season I noticed a lot the skin being fresh and dewy, eyebrows brushed back with gel, finishing with a burgundy lip. The make-up for Vivienne Westwood's Spring/Summer 2014 Red Label definitely made a statement with zombie-like make-up. 

I eventually managed to go to my first show at London Fashion Week on Monday, with one of my close friends Lyndsey. We had passes to see the KTZ SS14 show, which at first, didn't hit me how established KTZ actually is. His style in his collections aren't my sort of thing but it was definitely inspiring to witness. It was so out there, said to take his inspiration from a spiritual and cultural landscape. His collection for SS14 included headwraps, veils, geometric floral prints (which were amazing), oversized studs and statement jewellery. KTZ's use of patterning, layering and the fusion of urban contemporary caught my attention, in the right way for my first show-experience at London Fashion Week. The weather was so dull which I think put a strain on a lot of people's moods at Somerset House, but it didn't stop people go crazy with their style. I was rather star-struck at a lot of other people's style, it was like being in fashion heaven. It's the most inspiring place.

After the KTZ show had finished we took a wonder around the designer show rooms which again, was out of this world. There were a lot of jewellery, embellished handmade garments and accessories which I fell in love with.. especially when it comes down to me and jewellery. A specific necklace, made from a jewellery designer caught my eye, it was a detailed chunky piece embellished with gold and a peach colour, something which you would most likely see in a Dolce and Gabbana ad, and at £275 it definitely made me want it more. Stepping asisde.. my next focus is now on London Fashion Week in February next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment