Tuesday, April 30, 2013

'The Wight' SS14 Shoot

Photography: Gordan Baxter
Photography Assistant: Chris Jones
Designer: Steph Cornforth
Designer Assistant: Cere Mae
Make-up: Allana Brinkmann
Make-up Assistant / Hair: Jasmine Eleazer
Models: Dani Race & Caz Rowe

On Saturday I did makeup for one of my friend's, Steph, for her final university project which was a long but incredible day! I had a meeting with Steph a few weeks back to organize and go through the shoot as it had been planned for a few weeks and, I could no longer wait after the what-seemed a very long build up to it. The collections included six outfits and five underwear sets which Steph had made over three months and it was based on female stereotypes in the media. I worked with such a lovely team involving: two models a lovely photographer & assistant, the designer - her assistant and my assistant. I created two main looks, one for the six outfits and the other for the underwear sets. On the first model I created the famous 60s makeup look which involved a pale canvas, a little contouring, nude lips with the main focus on the eyes: winged eyeliner, blended eyeliner above the crease line and under the lower lash line, then adding the finishing touch: false eyelashes. On the second model I created a modern version of the previous 60s look involving a matte base, a pale eye look using neutral shades, false eyelashes, a little contouring and then mainly focusing on defining the brows. I was so pleased with both looks as I've always loved re-creating looks from all sorts of era's. For the underwear sets I just changed the lips to a matte lipstick - 'So Chaud' by MAC and Estée Lauder's sheer Long Lasting Lipstick in 'Honey', added a bit of powdered blush to the cheeks and also added more volume to the bottom lashes. Gordon's photography page you can find here, Dani's website of her portfolio can be found here and my assistant you can find here.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment