Sunday, June 23, 2013

IMATS - LONDON 2013



Makeup: Kryolan Supracolor 6 palette, Dermacolor camouflage mini palette in 'fair' and 'medium', TV paint stick in 'ivory', Crownbrush brushes: C315-A Soft Taklon foundation brush, BK32 badger angle brush, C404 small duo fibre face brush and disposable mascara wands, Eldora eyelashes in C184, C188 & S199.

Yesterday I finally got to attend the makeup exhibition 'IMATS' which is held in London and internationally. It was the most exciting, inspiring and creative fulfilled day. I didn't really know what to expect as only a few of my friends had previously been and IMATS is the type of show which can change dramatically each year. I absolutely loved how you walked in and straight away you're blown away by the talent surrounding you. A lot of unknown brands were there, from an Australian brand to the London School of Make-up which were demonstrating a particular imaged they had created for the show. IMATS is particularly inspiring if you want to go into film/theatre makeup as there were so many demonstrations (see photo 1) which I was taken back by and I learnt a number of things from them which I hadn't even been told whilst studying makeup at college!

I first had a look around the brands which I was aware of i.e Crownbrush, MACpro, BodyFX, Star Gazer, NARS, Face Lace, Bobbi Brown Pro, Inglot, Kryolan, NYX Cosmetics and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. I only had a few specific products which I wanted to buy, one of them being the Dermacolor mini palette from Kroylan which I wanted to get my hands on for ages! Whilst I was at college studying makeup we only used MAC and Kryolan products and they're personally incredible for fashion to prosthetic makeup. I was absolutely dying to get to the Crownbrush stand (see photo 2) as Karla Powell was doing a demonstration of her 'Pop Art' creation which was amazing!

I also unexpectedly bumped into the lovely make-up artist Louise Young on her stand which I didn't even know was there! I last saw her a year ago when she came to visit all of us at college as my fellow makeup teacher got taught by Louise. Hopefully I'll be working with her very soon, so keep a look out! Overall IMATS is definitely a huge insight to how hard and competitive the makeup industry really is. It's really an inspiring show to be at and I would recommend any one in going if you're wanting to succeed in the makeup industry or if you have a general passion/obsession with makeup!



No comments:

Post a Comment